For the Kids – A Program for Parents Experiencing Separation
For the Kids helps parents understand how to co-parent following separation and how to develop a cooperative co-parenting arrangement in the best interest of their children. The program assists people to understand the effects of conflict on children and supports parents to develop strategies and skills to respond to the challenges associated with separation.
For the Kids helps separating families build positive communication and reduce court action. It is not about how you parent, rather how you can best share responsibility of co-parenting with the other parent.
The program assists parents who:
- are experiencing or have experienced separation
- may be experiencing communication difficulties with the other parent
- wish to develop a positive, child-focused co-parenting relationship
- would like to develop strategies for working through shared parenting challenges.
For the Kids offers:
- individual counselling for parents
- individual counselling for children
- Family Dispute Resolution (mediation) services
- For the Kids group education sessions (2020 For the Kids Group dates)
We use a sliding scale to set fees for our Counselling, Family Dispute Resolution, For the Kids and Parenting Programs. Let us know if you are experiencing financial difficulties or are on a low income. No-one is excluded. Fees will be negotiated at your first appointment.