Are you able to help with bond assistance
There is a small amount of funding per year for clients 15-19 years old for this purpose. The Coalition of Low Income Earners (COLIE) is sometimes able to assist with part –bond (for people of all ages on a low income) 8927 3078; Crisis Care & Resource Centre offer up to $50 to assist – 8947 3166
Can you help with P&W bills?
P&W have allocated a limited amount of vouchers to Anglicare NT to assist in this area. (No age restrictions)
Do You Have Accommodation?
We have medium-term housing for young people 15 to 19 years of age in Darwin and Katherine. There is an assessment process, and external support is provided. Phone 8946 4800. The Katherine Family Accommodation Support Service (KFASS) provides short to medium-term housing program for families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Phone 8963 6100. The Transitional Housing Program in Alice Springs provides short-term accommodation, case management support and tenancy skills training to homeless families and individuals to help them gain and sustain long-term housing. Phone 8959 4400. Community Housing in Alice Springs provides secure, affordable accommodation for families and individuals who are working and earn a low to moderate income. Phone 8959 4400. For more information visit ShelterMe - a directory of services for homeless Territorians, managed by NT Shelter and funded by the Northern Territory Government.
Do you have food vouchers?
There is a small amount of funding per year allocated to help homeless young people in financial distress. Other options are: Christ Church Cathedral (Food assistance) 8981 9099; Salvation Army (Food vouchers & food parcels) 8944 6000; Christian Outreach Centre (food parcels) 8947 0633; Darwin Community Care (food-including hot meals) 8927 3790
I need some assistance to get back home – can you help?
A small amount of assistance is sometimes available - for Youth Clients only.
Is there a cost to your Program?
Most of our services are free; however the following attract a cost: Resolve Counselling, Mediation and Education We use a sliding scale to set fees for our Counselling, Family Dispute Resolution, For the Kids and Parenting Programs. Let us know if you are experiencing financial difficulties or are on a low income. No-one is excluded. Fees will be negotiated at your first appointment. Some Commonwealth Home Support & Respite Program services attract a small charge – please contact (08) 8928 0620 for details. For full details on accommodation costs, please contact our Head Office office on (08) 8985 0000