East Arnhem Carer Respite Service
The East Arnhem Carer Respite Centre provides a flexible and innovative respite service that responds to the individual needs of Carers in the whole of East Arnhem, including Groote Eylandt. The Centre aims to support and maintain the quality of life of carers and those for whom they care for.
- Target group: Carers of aged/frail people and Carers of children and adults with a Disability (including Mental Illness).
- Short term respite can be provided through a range of options including at the Gove District Hospital, in Aged Care facilities in Darwin, at Aboriginal Hostels or by using the Anglicare Respite flat in Nhulunbuy.
- Day respite can also be provided by support workers for those people living across Gove Peninsula. These services may include group activities, assistance with transport to do shopping and other assistance.
- A Mobile Outreach Service provides community based respite to remote communities in East Arnhem during the Dry Season.
- The Centre can provide other forms of respite depending on the needs of the individual carers. E.g. the Centre can assist a family member with transport and food to be able to support a carer in the community.