A full life and social justice for all.
- Anglicare NT is an agency of the Anglican Diocese of the NT, formed to respond to social needs across our diverse communities. Jesus said, “I have come that you may have life, and have it in all its fullness” (John 10:10).
- Anglicare NT acknowledges and celebrates the Traditional Custodians and Owners of this country and we pay our respects to Elders, past and present.
- Anglicare NT is a local organisation, formed, embedded and managed by and with Northern Territorians and their communities.
Hope – we are optimistic and positive
Kindness – we act with care, compassion and thoughtfulness
Respect – we embrace diversity, strengths and aspirations
Fairness – we are inclusive and committed to human rights
Integrity – we are transparent, honest and accountable
Principles that guide us
- Strengths approach: we acknowledge the strengths, capacities, stories and rights of the people and communities we work with.
- Child safe and family centered: we believe child safety and strong families are central to children’s wellbeing.
- Respect for culture and diversity: we celebrate people’s cultural heritage, responsibilities and identities. We support and uphold the dignity, choices, abilities and rights of all people.
- Reconciliation and self-determination: we recognise the harmful impacts of colonisation. We commit to two-way learning, supporting the right to self-determination and working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people towards justice and reconciliation.
- Staff are our greatest asset: we provide a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We listen to staff and support their career development.
- Social justice: we advocate for social justice, social change and service improvements.
- Community development: we carefully and respectfully listen to people and communities. We support and enable local decision making and community action.
- Connectedness: we support people to connect with others and build communities. We work with services and communities to strengthen partnerships and coordination of services.
- Trauma-informed practice: we are skilled in understanding and supporting people and communities impacted by trauma and severe adversity.
- Strong management and governance: we are transparent, accountable and focused on continuous quality improvement in all that we do.
- Outcomes focus: we evaluate, measure and report on the outcomes of our programs and implement recommendations into service delivery.
View our full Strategic Plan here: Anglicare NT Strategic Plan 2019-2022